For any ladies out there who have never been quite sure about what is ‘down there,’ here is a sex-positive, self-loving guide to learning about your best girlfriend (also known as your vulva).
I encourage you to get to know her well. She’s pretty awesome, lovely, and fun!
How To Start Loving Your Vulva (her list, straight from the article)
- Educate yourself. (aka ANATOMY LESSON!)
- Educate yourself some more. (aka LEARN ABOUT ALL THE COOL THINGS IT DOES – its part in the menstrual cycle, cervical mucus, and lubrication)
- Read some stuff. (I highly recommend “Cunt” by Inga Musico)
- Look at other vulvas! (I think this should be NUMBER ONE! Try “Sex for One” by Betty Dodson.)
- Remind yourself that everything your vagina does is ok. (Check out this post of mine for more info.)
- Masturbate. (The ultimate definition of SELF-LOVE! Not sure how? Need some inspiration? Check out this book – A Women’s Guide to Masturbation.)
- Look at it. (Ever since I realized I had a vulva, around age 8, I looked at me all the time. Seriously, take a peek!)
Check out the article for more!
By the way, welcome to my blog. =]